CME once again honored with the “When Work Works” award
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 13, 2017
For the 5th Consecutive Year Community-Minded Enterprises is Recognized for Innovative and Effective Workplace Practices
Spokane, Wash. — Community-Minded Enterprises (CME) has once again been honored with the “When Work Works” award for exemplary workplace practices by the Society for Human Resource Management.
The award recognizes employers that offer flexible scheduling and transition to parenthood programs as well as opportunities for learning, a culture of respect and trust, and job autonomy.
Community-Minded Enterprises was singled out for its workforce flexibility with 2/3 of its staff regularly working in the field. CME also scored high for its benefits package and employee satisfaction.
“We are thrilled to receive this award for the fifth time,” said Executive Director Kathy Thamm. “We are committed to providing a work environment that supports our staff personally and professionally.”
In applying for the award, Community-Minded Enterprises was evaluated on factors associated with employee health, well-being and engagement: opportunities for learning; a culture of trust; work-life fit; supervisor support for work success; autonomy; and satisfaction with earnings, benefits and opportunities for advancement.
When Work Works is a national initiative led by the Society for Human Resource Management. To learn more go to www.whenworkworks.org/
Community-Minded Enterprises is a Spokane based non-profit with 54 employees. CME has four offices in Spokane and one in Pasco. Programs include:
- Community-Minded Television (CMTV14) providing low cost video production and free program submissions
- Early Achievers helping early learning teachers improve classroom quality
- Access to Recovery (ATR) assisting people recovering from drug and alcohol addiction
- Plan to Work helping people receiving social security benefits get a job
- Community Living Connections offering free information to the elderly and people with disabilities
For more on CME’s programs go to www.community-minded.org/