Substitute ECEAP Aide
Community-Minded Enterprises is recruiting for a Substitute ECEAP Aide
This position supports the overall mission and vision of Community-Minded Enterprises and Child Care Aware of Eastern Washington and the Early Achievers program.
The job of the Substitute ECEAP Aide is to support and work with the Assistant & Lead Teachers by ensuring that high-quality early learning experiences are being offered in the classroom and meeting the ECEAP Performance Standards and EA Quality Standards and that family support is offered as an integral part of the program. Majority of hours worked will be between normal school hours but may vary slightly from week to week. This is an on call and as needed position.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and manage the ECEAP classroom in the absence of the Lead or Assistant Teachers.
- Establish and maintain a safe, healthy and developmentally appropriate learning environment.
- Observe, assess, document and plan for children’s development
- Support the other Teachers in designing and maintaining a learning environment based on the ECERS-R
- Engage in, build, and maintain developmentally appropriate teacher-child interactions bases on the Classroom Assessment Scoring System (CLASS).
- Implement and supervise developmentally appropriate learning activities.
- Assist the Lead Teacher in monitoring and overseeing safe, healthy and appropriate food handling and service per ECEAP Performance Standards, USDA requirements and EA Quality Standards.
- Pick up lunches & snacks from designated school when program is in session and deliver to classroom.
- Current Child Development Associate Certificate (CDA) awarded by the council for Early Childhood Professional Recognition. A.A. degree in Early Childhood Education or higher preferred.
- Current pediatric CPR/1st Aid certificate/blood borne certification *or able to obtain by hire
- Current WA State Department of Health Food Workers Card. *or able to obtain by hire
- Tested negative on the Mantoux Tuberculosis (TB) skin test in the past 12 months.
- Completed training in preventing, identifying and reporting child abuse and neglect.
- Knowledge of Early Achievers Quality Standards (including ECERS-R and CLASS) and ELMS
- Knowledge of ECEAP Performance Standards, MERIT, and Creative Curriculum Gold data systems.
- Ability to work independently, self-motivate, prioritize work & manage time effectively.
- Ability to keep and maintain organized child, family, and classroom files and documentation.
- Excellent written & verbal communications skills and proven ability to act in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated commitment to cultural relevancy, diversity & inclusion.
- Proficient using all Microsoft Office programs and be able to pass criminal history background checks.
- Must have current, valid driver’s license, insurance & access to reliable transportation & able to pass a criminal history background check.
CME is a progressive, collaborative organization with a commitment to community sustainability.
The ECEAP Aide is a part time position with a pay rate of $13 hr.
To apply send cover letter, one page resume, and three professional references to:
Attention HR Department –
Fax: (509) 315-5526
Mail: Community-Minded Enterprises PO Box 48150 ~ Spokane, WA 99228.
No phone calls or in-person queries please. CME is a progressive, collaborative organization with a commitment to community sustainability.
Position open until filled
CME is an EEO employer and encourages women, minorities and those with disabilities to apply.