- This event has passed.
Art for Discovery (In-Person Spokane)
April 26 @ 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM$20.00
Core Competences: Curriculum and Learning Environment, Level 2
Trainer: Denise Ellenwood, Jamie Burns
Do you ever feel like your art time is not what you want it to be? Do you or the children end up getting frustrated with projects? Or are you just out of fresh ideas? This training is designed to help early learning professionals better understand why art is important, identify what type of art is developmentally appropriate for children, and discuss great ways to implement and display children’s art in the child care environment. Teachers will leave with ideas for art projects that provide children with fun opportunities for discovery and learning.
If circumstances force our cancellation of in-person classes (or a shift to an online format), we will contact those who are registered. Likewise, if COVID conditions or protocols lead you to want to cancel your attendance, please let us know by noon the day before your class and we will issue you a full refund or offer a swap if appropriate.
The following protocols will be followed:
- Surfaces will be disinfected prior to class
- Guests will be asked to answer a health screening upon entry
- If you are showing any symptoms of illness, please do not attend
- Class sizes will be limited to accommodate individuals spaced 6 feet part (register early to save your seat)
- Windows and doors may be at least partially open to encourage air flow (consider layering up)
- Masks will be required for all participants (please bring your own)
- Hand sanitizer will be available in our classrooms
- We are requesting that you bring your own pen/pencil and paper, to avoid sharing materials
- For safety reasons we will not be eating in our training spaces at this time.
We would like everyone who attends our trainings to have the opportunity to benefit from their learning. If you require accommodations to fully participate, please contact email@example.com at least one week in advance of the training.