CMTV14: What to be on TV? Have you ever wanted to have your own TV show? Guess what you can! CMTV14 is your TV station! We have a studio, cameras, lights, mics and expertise all for you!
Who we are: CMTV14 was founded in 2007 as a nonprofit TV station. CMTV14 can be found on Comcast channel 14 in the greater Spokane area with a reach of over 107,000 households.
Current Programming schedule may be found here.
What we offer:
Access: Any individual, nonprofit, government agency, or church can create and submit a program, public service announcement or video for broadcast. Submissions rates are $10 to $15 to cover handling and processing. Submissions are free with membership.
Membership: If you’re planning on making a regular show, this is the way to go. You get to use our studio regularly, attend classes, and check out equipment, also your shows get first priority for airtime scheduling. Click on any of these links if you’re an Individual, Organization, or Business and find out how you can be a member and enjoy the benefits.
Successful Aging in the Northwest: A new series which debuted in June designed specifically for people in Spokane 55 and older. This is a community service television program packed with information on everything from healthy living to money management.
Diversity Matters: This program to supports, encourages and promotes all efforts in building inclusive, equitable and diverse communities by expanding the impact of these efforts throughout the Inland Northwest. Currently in production
Say What – Spokane: Take your turn in front of the TV Camera for up to 10 minutes. This is your opportunity to express your opinion on issues affecting your family, neighborhood, community and the world.
CMTV 14 – VIDEO TRAINING PROGRAM:
I. Foundations of Video: Cameras and Shooting
The course covers foundation concepts of video production such camera operations, lighting and audio essentials
- Understanding how to focus
- Shooting with shallow depth of field
- Understanding exposure
- Using ND filters to correct overexposure
- Using gain to brighten an underexposed shot
- Choosing the right shutter speed
- White-balancing a shot
- Working with a tripod
- Shooting handheld
- Using a boom microphone
- Setting up a 4-point lighting scene
- Using corrective gels
II. HANDS ON ORIENTATION ON CMTV14 CAMERAS AND LIGHTING
III. Premiere Pro CC Essential Training
Learn how to professionally edit video with techniques the experts use. This is a fast-track approach that breaks down the entire import-to-output process into eight quick steps—ideal as an overview for new editors and a good crash course in Premiere Pro for editors migrating from other platforms. The course wraps up with tutorials on color correction, multicam editing, and the export process.
- Editing in Premiere Pro in eight steps
- Setting up a project and a sequence
- Importing and organizing media
- Marking and selecting the best takes from clips
- Performing insert, overwrite, and replace edits
- Trimming, splitting, moving, and deleting clips
- Performing intermediate editing and trimming techniques
- Customizing your workspace and using creative tools
- A brief look at Creative Suite integration
- Making audio level adjustments and mixing audio
- Recording voice-overs
- Applying transitions, effects, and filters
- Changing clip speed
- Color correction techniques
- Creating titles, credit rolls, and lower thirds
- Multicam editing techniques
- Exporting your final project
For additional information on any classes you may be interest in or for a current class schedule please contact us at [email protected]
Hire Us: Are you, your business or organization looking to make a video? Let CMTV14 do it. We are industry professionals who will use the latest gear to create a video for you. If you need a PSA, short form video or video business cards, let us know. Our rates are extremely competitive.
Phone: (509) 444-3381
Email: CMTV@ community-minded.org
25 West Main Avenue, Suite 310
Spokane, WA 99201
Hours: Monday-Thursday, 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m