- This event has passed.
Best Practices: Math and Science (In-Person, Spokane)
March 5 @ 9:30 AM - 12:00 PM$25.00
Location: 3307 E 55th Ave, Spokane
Core Competences: Curriculum and Learning Environments, Level 2-3
Trainer: Jamie Burns
STARS Hours: 2.5
Participants will explore what the research says about early math and science experiences, and how enriching materials and quality adult-child interactions can support math and science development throughout the day. This can ensure that children will gain the foundational skills and dispositions that will support their future success.
If circumstances force our cancellation of in-person classes (or a shift to an online format), we will contact those who are registered. Likewise, if COVID conditions or protocols lead you to want to cancel your attendance, please let us know by noon the day before your class and we will issue you a full refund or offer a swap if appropriate.
The following protocols will be followed:
- Surfaces will be disinfected prior to class
- Guests will be asked to answer a health screening upon entry
- If you are showing any symptoms of illness, please do not attend
- Class sizes will be limited to accommodate individuals spaced 6 feet part (register early to save your seat)
- Windows and doors may be at least partially open to encourage air flow (consider layering up)
- Masks will be required for all participants (please bring your own)
- Hand sanitizer will be available in our classrooms
- We are requesting that you bring your own pen/pencil and paper, to avoid sharing materials
- For safety reasons we will not be eating in our training spaces at this time.