- This event has passed.
Language Development from Birth to Three (in-person, Spokane)
September 24, 2022 @ 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM$10.00
If you are having technical difficulties registering on the internet, please call (509)385-2780 for assistance with registration over the phone.
Location: 2001 N Division St, Ste 130, Spokane, WA 99207
Core Competences: Child Growth and Development, Ongoing Measurement of Child Progress, Level 2-4
Trainer: Rebekah Klemke
STARS Hours: 2
Participants will walk away with a deep understanding of receptive and expressive language milestones at each stage of development from birth to age 3. Participants will engage in hands-on activities and reflection around language development in their own classroom. Lastly, participants will gain awareness around recognizing red flags in development and how to communicate effectively with parents to build and maintain relationships.
If circumstances force our cancellation of in-person classes (or a shift to an online format), we will contact those who are registered. Likewise, if COVID conditions or protocols lead you to want to cancel your attendance, please let us know by noon the day before your class and we will issue you a full refund or offer a swap if appropriate.
The following protocols will be followed:
- Surfaces will be disinfected prior to class
- Guests will be asked to answer a health screening upon entry
- If you are showing any symptoms of illness, please do not attend
- Class sizes will be limited to accommodate individuals spaced 6 feet part (register early to save your seat)
- Windows and doors may be at least partially open to encourage air flow (consider layering up)
- Masks will be required for all participants (please bring your own)
- Hand sanitizer will be available in our classrooms
- We are requesting that you bring your own pen/pencil and paper, to avoid sharing materials
- For safety reasons we will not be eating in our training spaces at this time.