FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 13, 2020
Child Care Aware of Eastern Washington – Pasco Recognized as one of the “Best Places to Work in the Inland Northwest”
Spokane, Wash. — Child Care Aware of Eastern Washington – Pasco has been a leader in early learning in the Tri-Cities area since 2014. On October 7, its parent company Community-Minded Enterprises was honored as a finalist by Spokane’s Journal of Business, making the list as one of the Best Places to Work in the Inland Northwest.
The Best Places to Work Inland Northwest list is created by the Journal of Business and Best Companies Group. Each year the Journal recognizes 35 businesses. “It is an honor to be recognized as an employer of choice,” said Lee Williams, CEO of Community-Minded Enterprises, “we are proud of the work we do, our company culture, and the team at CME.”
“We are thrilled to be part of this organization and proud to share in this honor,” said Suzanne Suyama Child Care Aware Supervisor – Southeast Washington.
To determine the Best Places to Work Inland Northwest list, companies from across the region participated in a two-part survey process. The first part consisted of evaluating each nominated company’s workplace policies, practices, philosophy, systems, and demographics.
The second part consisted of an employee survey to measure the employee experience. The combined scores determined the top companies and the final ranking. Best Companies Group managed the overall registration and survey process, analyzed the data, and determined the final rankings.
Community-Minded Enterprises has one office in Pasco and four in Spokane offering a wide range of services and programs:
- Child Care Aware of Eastern Washington – Pasco, with a staff of 14 providing early learning support in the greater Tri-Cities area
- Child Care Aware of Eastern Washington’s Early Achievers supporting professional development and coaching, based in Spokane
- Play & Learn Groups supporting families, friends and neighbor caregivers
- Early Childhood Assistance Program (ECEAP) a tuition free preschool program
- Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) providing parents in outpatient substance abuse treatment with access to quality child care
- Recovery services including Recovery Café Spokane, offering recovery coaching and financial assistance to remove barriers to recovery
- Community-Minded Television (CMTV4) Spokane’s public access television station
- Plan to Work providing access to disability benefits and pathway to employment
Our Mission: Community-Minded Enterprises transforms communities in Washington State while advancing diversity and inclusion of marginalized populations, so that all people have an opportunity for equitable health, education, and safety.
For more information on CME go to: www.community-minded.org or find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/communityminded/. For regional information check out https://www.facebook.com/CCAEWaTriCities.